Greetings from a 50 something disabled mountain dweller with a vary varied background.
I used to be much more on the ball and ready for bad stuff. A cumulation of disabilities has changed that and I'm now only semi functional; no joke. A host of minor physical stuff, chemical exposures, TBI, sever long term complex PTSD, chronic pain, etc..
Up until recently I could fall back on some very good, ingrained, basic/low level skills and a willingness (under dire circumstances only) to harvest supplies and tools from others. I'm now helping to care for my parents. With dad in a wheel chair I absolutely must upgrade level and extent of preparation.
The house has >500gallons of water catchment. Not great but along with a bucket sawyer system I'm good on water for now. Pricing solar systems to take advantage of the desert sun. I have the minimum compliment of firearms, a field surgery kit. Very overwhelmed with the need to up my functionality and be more responsible.
I tend to tune out when people use "the liberals", "the conservatives", etc..
Edit:
Living with and helping to care for my parents and I am no longer a technically a hermit. Guess I'm fighting that fact.
crazy mountain hermit
I used to be much more on the ball and ready for bad stuff. A cumulation of disabilities has changed that and I'm now only semi functional; no joke. A host of minor physical stuff, chemical exposures, TBI, sever long term complex PTSD, chronic pain, etc..
Up until recently I could fall back on some very good, ingrained, basic/low level skills and a willingness (under dire circumstances only) to harvest supplies and tools from others. I'm now helping to care for my parents. With dad in a wheel chair I absolutely must upgrade level and extent of preparation.
The house has >500gallons of water catchment. Not great but along with a bucket sawyer system I'm good on water for now. Pricing solar systems to take advantage of the desert sun. I have the minimum compliment of firearms, a field surgery kit. Very overwhelmed with the need to up my functionality and be more responsible.
I tend to tune out when people use "the liberals", "the conservatives", etc..
Edit:
Living with and helping to care for my parents and I am no longer a technically a hermit. Guess I'm fighting that fact.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire