Allow Admin to Change Modify Permission When Creating a Channel

jeudi 28 janvier 2016

Hey I've been messing around with this issue for a few hours and I'm stumped.

I created a lower level admin server group for my server, called it "Admin." I'm wanting to make it so that when Admins create a channel, they can edit the permission values in the "Regular Needed Powers" box to whatever value they want. Mainly, so they can set both "Modify" and "Delete" to their own power value (60), so only Admins can change or delete the channel.

The problem I've been having is that changing the "Modify" permission results in an error message "insufficient permission modify power." The channel gets created, and the delete value is set properly to 60, but the modify value is set to 0. When I right click the channel and use "Edit Channel" to try to set the Modify value to 60, it results in the same error.

I've been playing around changing things, and I found a way to force it to work. The Grant value of "i_channel_needed_modify_power" of the channel I created is default grayed out. By setting it to 60, then right clicking the channel, clicking Edit Channel, and setting the Modify permission value to 60, it works.

What I don't understand is why that would be messing things up, when the "i_channel_needed_delete_power" Grant value for the channel is also grayed out, and yet it still lets me set that value when creating or editing the channel.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance!
Allow Admin to Change Modify Permission When Creating a Channel

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire